I regularly question where I am and where I want to be. I believe it is fundamental to know what is happening around you and how you feel about your current circumstances. Wheel of life is a powerful tool to getting to the answer.
I have used this powerful tool with clients that expressed they are feeling stressed, overwhelmed by life and disconnected.
The wheel of life helped us to gain insight:
- What they prioritise?
- How they spend their time?
- Areas of stress or flourish?
By assessing where clients are in their lives I have been able to help clients understand they have the ability to change where they are and establish goals with the aim of increasing level of satisfaction.
You can access a blank Wheel of life to complete. Alternatively complete a google search for a template.
In order for the wheel life to be impactful you need to feel connected with yourself during the process. Make sure you are:
- You are free from distractions.
- Allocated enough time to reflect.
- If you are visual introduce colour – have some coloured pens ready.
Step 1:You can change the categories to areas that resonates. Once you are comfortable with the categories. Look at the category you resonate with the most.
Step 2: To help with the process close your eyes think about what you can smell, see and feel.
This exercise is about being present and reflecting upon your current circumstances when you are scoring each category:
Step 3: Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you satisfied? If not why not?
- What could be done to improve this area? It is also important to highlight areas you are satisfied with to see how that feeling could be replicated in other areas.
- Why are you happy in this area?
- Could this be replicated in other areas of your life?
Step 4: Score between 1 – 10 level of satisfaction in that category.
As you go along connect the dots to create a visual representation of your current circumstances.
When you have completed the wheel.
Step 5:Take a moment to reflect. Use a pen and paper to make notes.
- How do you feel seeing the wheel of life?
- What have you learned?
- Where there any surprises?
- What are the three main areas you would like to change?
- What could you do change those areas?
I hope you have found the wheel of life helpful in exploring where you are now.
Let me know what you took from this exercise?
If you have any questions or require assistance get in touch because I am here to support you.